Legal Property FAQ

Legal questions

Legal Property FAQ

Organic Growth’s  legal property expert Gerhard Faurie from Faurie Nell Inc has provided some commonly asked legal property questions and answers.

Breaking News

We are launching a comprehensive live online course in October 2013 based on Property Investment 101 which addresses many of these questions.

Click here for more details 

Great care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of this information, but Faurie Nell Inc and Organic Growth, their members, employees and representatives cannot be held liable for any loss suffered, as a result of the use of this information.

Any other questions you may want answered  can be addressed to us by emailing us at or asking them below in the comments section

Q:  If I buy property, in whose name will it be registered?

Q:  What is a mortgage bond?

Q:  Are there costs involved in obtaining a bond?

Q:  Are there costs involved in the transfer of the new property into the name of the purchaser?

Q:  Are there costs involved in the cancellation of an existing bond?

Q:  Why does it take so long to have a property registered in the name of the new owner?

Q:  What can I do to expedite the transfer procedure?

Q:  What is a “subject to” transaction?

Q:  How do I handle a dispute in the transaction?

Q:  What qualifies as a “cash” transaction?

Q:  When does the seller’s liability end and the purchaser’s commence?